Why Join The Iowa Jewelers Association?
Today's challenging marketplace demands that you work smarter, faster and harder to stay
profitable. The Iowa Jewelers Association (IJA) is a statewide organization of retail jewelers. It
was founded in 1906 with the purpose of promoting the welfare and interest of those engaged in
the retail jewelry business. It now has members in each major city and town in the state. The IJA
currently has more than 150 member stores. Whether you are seeking marketing tools to help
boost your business or educational materials for your employees, IJA offers you a long list of
member benefits to benefit you, the retail jeweler.
- Annual Conference Held during the summer months of each year, with educational seminars designed to leave you and your entire staff with ideas and tools to help launch and get you through the busy holiday season.
- Annual Membership Directory & Resource Guide Serves as a valuable resource to jewelers and is designed for use by the entire store staff. It includes a listing of all members and a calendar of events.
- Design Competition As part of its enhancement of the jewelry profession, as well as its dedication to advancing and promoting the business of retail jewelers, the association is proud to sponsor the annual Professional and Apprentice/Advanced Student competition which is held during the annual conference. All entries will be displayed at the annual conference. Design Competition Entry Form
- GIA Course Discounts on new enrollments in a distance education eLearning course and/or the Gemology labs.
- Lending Library Offers in-store training courses via VHS/DVDs, audiotapes and books for all
store employees. Tape content ranges from product knowledge to sales skills to store security, as
well as various bench techniques demonstrated by Master Bench Jewelers.
Lending Library List
Lending Library Rental Form
- Seminars Upcoming internet based education options for your staff as well as ongoing educational
seminars at the annual conference.
- Federated Insurance is a full-service insurance provider for property and liability coverage, workers
compensation, group health, and financial protection services including life, business continuation
planning and individual retirement planning. Jewelers' Security Plus, designed especially for jewelers
by Federated, is an extensive program of insurance and risk management services. Features include
inventory coverage while in the store or during shipping, as well as all the insurance needs that pertain to
- FedEx Jewelry Shipping Program Allows members to save on select FedEx Express® and FedEx
Ground® shipping services. Eligible shippers may also be able to take advantage of FedEx Declared
Value Exception to declare a higher value at a reduced rate on eligible FedEx Express shipments. A
reduced rate on eligible international shipments is also available.
- Membership Certificate Upon receipt of your dues each year, you will receive a membership certificate
to proudly display in your store.
- Quarterly Newsletter Service You are kept current on all industry matters affecting your operation as
well as association events and benefits.
- Security First! Alerts Through "Constant Contact", we are able to notify members immediately when a crime or robbery is committed in Iowa and surrounding states. In addition, members are notified regarding other pertinent matters that affect the jewelry industry.
- Trade Shows Membership in the association entitles you to pre-registration privileges at these and many other shows
- JCK Las Vegas - June 5-8, 2017 www.jckonline.com
- IJA Annual Conference - June 23-25, 2017 - Marriott Hotel, Cedar Rapids
- JA-NY Summer Show - July 23-25, 2017 - Jacob Javits Center, New York, NY
- Smart Jewelry Show - 2018 dates pending www.smartjewelryshow.com
- Other Affiliations A prime factor in the success of the Iowa Jewelers has been the close working
relationship with local associations and chambers of commerce. Through these local groups, the
association is able to maintain an accurate reading of the statewide business climate and then act
Dues Schedule for Membership in IJA:
To download a Retail Membership Application, click here.
Each Additional Store............................$75.00
To download an Associate Membership Application, click here.
For more information, contact us.